Monday, January 4, 2010

Hey Good Lookin', Whatcha Got Cookin'



I go through spurts where I will plan out a menu, tirelessly searching my magazines, friend's blogs, and websites finding scrumptious meal ideas. While other times I just open my fridge and cupboards and throw something together. For the last month or so I was on the "throw it together" kick, we were all pretty impressed with the meals I came up with. Well that ship has sailed, or my culinary creativity went into hibernation, so I am back to searching high and low for some delightful dinner ideas.

Most of the meals below came from my friend Anne's favorite recipe site: Good Housekeeping. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Fish Tacos with Tangy Slaw
Sesame Salmon with Bok Choy
Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry
BBQ Salmon with Roasted Asparagus

And Tonight we had Jerk Chicken Kabobs with Jalapeno Black Beans and Spicy Corn.
As you can see, Maddox helped me prepare dinner, and I modified and cooked the chicken and veggies in a pan rather than on the grill. With by recipe you make your own Jerk seasoning for the chicken, and I was surprised how easy it was. It calls for a whole jalapeno, but I have a sissy mouth so I just used a half. I cooked the black beans with the left over jalapeno, and added some red chili seasoning to my corn. We all really enjoyed it, I am sure that it would be even better on the grill. Maybe some tangy summer salad would zest it up a bit too!

Learned? Giving Maddox a safety knife and allowing him to help saved so much of my sanity while trying to prepare dinner. I will need to do that more often!

No comments: