Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WonderGirl 5K

For some time I have been meaning to write about the Girls on the Run season ending 5K, WONDERGIRL,race. The actual race was on May 3 at Longs Park. It was a very chilly morning, but all 60 of my girls showed up excited to accomplish the goal they have worked towards since February. I had never run in a race before so I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away with how exhilarating it was.

When the gun went off over 500 runners dashed across the starting line. Cheers, giggles, whoops, and hollers were heard through out. I had just gotten over being pretty sick and didn't think that I would run, but when the time came I just couldn't help it, after all I had worked towards this goal too! I was able to run with several of my girls including my daughter. My mom also helped out during the season and ran too. The three of us even ran together for a while. There were so many parents and friends lining the course making it so encouraging! All of my girls finished the race, I am so proud of each of them, they have come such a long way!

Learned? The Girls on the Run program is such a rewarding and enlightening event for all those involved. I can't wait to do it again next year!

here's some pics from the event:




No comments: