Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back in the Game-- (I mean race)

I have been working so hard to prepare myself for my first 10K (6.2 mile) race. Then I had a wave of several sicknesses that derailed my training plans. But I am happy to say that I am back on course. In the last week I have run a 4mile, 6mile, 4mile, and another 6mile run. To top it off I feel great. I will have one more 4 mile run Friday before the Memorial Day race. Then it is over the hills to Boulder! My one goal, besides finishing, is that I run it in less than 10 min. miles. I know that if I had not gotten so sick I could have aimed for 8-9 min. miles, but I am just happy that I can go that distance after all I have been through.

Learned? Don't stop, never give up, persistance pays.

1 comment:

pretendingsanity said...

good luck on the race!! maybe next year I can do it with you.