Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mountains and Pools!

Since school got out we have been go, go going.

I have been upping the intensity of my running with a once a week run up Serpents Trail. I go with a few ladies and we go up it twice then enjoy a scrumptious Bolthouse Mocha protein drink when we are done. I have seen steady improvement in my ability to complete it, I can now run up it 1 1/2 times with out stopping, and run/speed hike the last half of our second trip. I am really enjoying this run it is so beautiful.

Pretendingsanity and I have scheduled to go to the lake once a week too, but this June has been quite cloudy and chilly, not much over 80 yet (I am not complaining); and once again last week it was not lake weather, so we took the kids to Ouray hot springs and enjoyed the warm pool. The kids loved it, and it was amazingly relaxing with 4 kids in tow.



Madison and I hiked Mt.Garfield last week with the ladies I run Serpents with and their families. I had never hiked to the top before, and though it was a steep hike, the weather was perfect for the ascent and the view was amazing! However, I would choose to climb that thing 100 times before coming down it again; my toes were jammed into the ends of my shoes, and made my feet about an inch shorter!



We are planning to hike to Hanging Lake soon too! That is such a pretty, though populated, one!

Learned: It is nice to have time to enjoy the place where we live!

1 comment:

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

I am so jealous. Wish I could be there with you. All the hiking sounds fun and looks beautiful. Although, I am sure you'd want to get rid of the dead wait, as I am not in as good of shape as you are!!!