Thursday, September 24, 2009

All the Thoughts In My Head

My Uncle Rocky (not really my uncle but a good friend of the family) passed away today. Rocky has known me since I was born. From the earliest moments of my life Rocky has been a part of it. He would watch me while my dad worked, we were two peas in a pod. He adored me, and I him.

Later he was stationed over seas and we only saw each other after years had passed. He moved back to the states several years ago, and as a birthday surprise two years ago he surprised me and joined the party!

Just a year ago he was diagnosed with cancer, all seemed well and treatable, then it took a turn for the worse, three weeks ago he was told to get his affairs in order and that he only had, at most, 6 months. That was just 3 weeks ago.... today he is gone.

I kept thinking I needed to get over there to see him again, say last good buys, I knew the end was near, I just thought I had more time.

I just thought I had more time.

Learned? The reality of the quote "Don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today" has really hit me hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brooke - my thoughts & prayers are with you. Let me know if you need something.