Friday, October 9, 2009

The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing

This was a particularly interesting read for me; not because the content, story line, or writing was so amazing, but because it was just the opposite and yet I read it quickly and found my self staying up later than I should to read. (that was a really long sentence...) It followed a girl and her relationships through out her life. The writing is so simple that it reminded me of reading one of my student's first attempts at dialogue: He said ..... she said.... I said... Then there were the sparce attempts at dry humor, and the predictable choices that she makes. In the end she finds "the guy" and decides to try the art of female manipulation rather than be true to herself, does she ruin it for herself, is it even salvageable, or do the evil feminine tricks give her the advantage. Guess you'll have to experience the bizarre writing of Melissa Bank to find out.


Learned? Sometimes a read can be ?enjoyable? and you can't find any reason for it to be true.

No comments: