Sunday, May 3, 2009

GOTR 2009

UPDATE: Madison finished in 33 minutes and 3 seconds! She rocks! (I came in two tenths of a second behind her.)

Saturday Madison and I ran in our second 5K together. Last year I coached the GOTR at the school, but since I changed schools this year I didn't continue that. So we got to run together just as mother and daughter.

Once again the weather was crummy, though just a bit warmer than last year, we still had overcast skies and wind.

I let Madison set the pace, and she was amazing! She ran the whole thing, only walking for a total of maybe a minute! We had to leave right after we finished because she had a soccer game to get to so we didn't get our race results and they haven't posted them online yet. I know we did pretty good though!

After the race Madison played in a soccer game, in the pouring rain, and was amazing there too! She hustled her butt off even after running a race just before. I am so proud of this girl!

Learned: I wish I had the energy I remember having as a kid; the energy that allowed you to play all day long and never grow tired (or regret it the next day).

No comments: