Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wow! That's Hot!

In my 6 (or is it 7?) years of teaching I have had many embarrassing and/or laughable moments; today I add another to the list.

One of the students at school, whom I do not have but he always comes in to say "hi", was making his daily appearance. Today he had a special treat, he brought in one of those dancing and singing stuffed animals and danced for the class. While he was dancing I went to type something and forgot that I had a scented candle burning and slightly burned my arm while reaching over it.

In reaction I yelped, "WOW! That's hot!" in that instant the whole class became silent looking at me with shock and discomfort, then completing my thought, I said "Don't reach over an open flame!"

This was met with an entire class bursting into laughter, and it dawned on me that they ALL thought I was commenting on how hot this student dancing was.. I of course couldn't stifle my own laughter.

Learned? Sometimes it is not wise to say what ever is on you brain.

1 comment:

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Thanks for the laugh! I totally could picture it. Hey, I hope I either talk to you soon or you've at least read my blog. I was wondering if you know what you are doing for Memorial Day weekend yet. Do you have major family plans. Danny and I didn't think we could travel, but since that has changed we were feeling the need to go, and wondered if we could come visit or meet somewhere. I missing you tons! Talk soon. Love, Vycci