Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wedding Bliss for Nik and Megan

Saturday June 11, my little {the middle one} brother got married, and it was an absolutely beautiful even!


My Highlights:

Grandma Betty {not sure if this counts as a highlight, because after the laugh it is disturbing}... introducing herself to Nate's wife who responded "I know, you were at my wedding." and Betty replied "Well I know that!" Then she introduced Nate to our cousins Jessica and Amanda, whom we have known our entire lives.

All my brothers were there, making this the first time in at least 5 years {probably longer} we have all been together!

Mother Son Dance: As soon as Maddox heard it was the mother son dance he could hardly wait to take me on the dance floor. He even twirled me and attempted a dip. It was a priceless moment for me. Yet another example of the gentleman we are raising.

Father Daughter Dance: Brian and Madison danced together, Madison is not the same little girls he danced with at our wedding 9 years ago.

Maddox cutting a rug: Maddox rocked the dance floor the entire night busting moves from the hippy hippy shake to break dance spins.

Madison was stunning: This was the overwhelming comment of the evening. Everyone came up to me say how grown up and beautiful she looked. It was a proud and difficult thing for both Brian and I to endure.

Learned: I continually gain appreciation and respect for the covenant of marriage. I pray that Nik and Megan will embrace it and honor it, learn and grow together in the journey. I am so blessed and thankful for my husband, and how much I have grown through our continuing journey.

No comments: