Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ape House

Ape HouseApe House by Sara Gruen

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


After LOVING Water for Elephants, I thought I would really enjoy Gruen's other titles...not so much. I gave this one 100 pages and just wasn't into it, and actually quite turned off. There was a common theme of unfaithfulness in relationships between the two books. In Water for Elephants I was happy for it because her husband was so abusive and terrible. But in Ape House, both characters are in happy, non-disfunctional relationships. I never got to an actual act of infidelity, but Gruen was strongly hinting at it. At this point in my life this subject is just too close and distasteful (not me and B... we are great), and I just don't have the patience to read about it anymore.





View all my reviews

No comments: