Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Explosive Eighteen

Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I have come to not expect much more than superficial entertainment from this series, and because of that I continue to enjoy them.



These books are always entertain, quick reads, where I find myself chuckling out loud. This one, of course, followed the typical story line of Stephanie stumbling into some major problem while still trying to apprehend some skips (unsuccessful as usual). Lula, who always makes me laugh, finds herself under a love potions spell. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of appearances of Morelli and Ranger. I keep hoping that someday Stephanie will wise up and choose Morelli for good, but until then I enjoy the struggle she continues through. I was also hoping that mysterious Hawaii trip would play a larger part of the story, but it took a back seat early on.







View all my reviews

1 comment:

Eesti said...

I loved this series for the first 12 or 13 books. However, it has gotten terribly boring and predictable. Way past time for Stephanie to grow up and move on. Really bothers me that she sleeps with Ranger one day and Morelli the next. There is no way they would put up with that. This book seemed very short and undeveloped. I get frustrated waiting 2-3 years for Diana Gabaldon to release a book but at least she has plenty of plot and character developement.