Friday, April 1, 2011

Johnathan Livingston Seagull

Jonathan Livingston SeagullJonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Quick easy read, with a complex and deep meaning about the purpose of life.



View all my reviews

...which seems a bit reincarnation-ish. The idea of needing to learn something in this life, and if you don't learn it, you keep returning to the same level of life until you do learn it's lesson. Now, I obviously don't believe in this whole idea.

However, I do understand, and can see how the general idea of life being about learning, and we continue to encounter challenges that would teach us lessons such as pride, love, honesty, patience... until we have learned them. I know personally that I have encountered challenge after challenge that try and test my pride and patience, and the better I get at admitting my pride, or exercising patience, the fewer situations arise that challenge me in this area.

I also liked the way Johnathan Livingston Seagull wasn't content with the status quo, and challenged the boxes that his society placed upon him, and in doing so, he learned and found freedom.

Learned? I signed up for Goodreads.com a while ago and have since been writing my reviews here (taking a pic of the book downloading & uploading pics), then writing them again there... but I just found the easy way... so now all my reviews will first be written at good reads, then all I have to do is cut and past the link they give me, and voila! here it is with a picture and all!!! I love it when I figure out technology!

No comments: