Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wicked Appetite


I really hate to rate Evanovich so low, but I just didn't enjoy this book as much as I have her other books. It almost showed how formulaic her writing is... instead of Lula you have Glo, instead of Stephanie you have Lizzy, and instead of Morelli you have Diesel. Yes, Diesel is the Plum character from the between the numbers series, for which this book is a spin off. Then throw in some animals, psycho characters, and over the top problems and voila! a new book. I could almost picture Evanovich sitting down to write this book with a set of dice one with random characters, the other with outlandish events, then just cut and paste the results of the dice into a premade storyline. Sorry Janet, you are still one of my favorites... and I'll still pick up your next novel...probably.

No comments: