Friday, July 16, 2010

4th of July and the rest hasflown by...

So I really don't know what has happened to this month... I mean just yesterday it was June and now I find my self encroaching very close to the month of August! I know we have been super busy but I can't remember what we have actually done...

I remember that we enjoyed the 4th with my my mom and Dan and Brian's parents; and that was after we enjoyed the day fishing/hiking up on the mesa.

I also remember that I ran...a lot...lots of serpents trail runs, lots of runs with Anne and Lisa and Ari...

I also remember that we spent a lot of time in the water, either at the lake or at a friends...

I also remember that we spread Bill's ashes.
It has been eight years and have been trying to find the perfect time to get everyone together and then the right time of year to get back into his favorite lake on the Mesa (Colby Horse). But since its been 8 years we opted to go for the second favorite lake (40 Acre) and with just his mom, and siblings. I was truly shocked at how emotional I became. I need some more time to process all of this and will (promise) write about it later. As of now all I can say is it was an emotional experience for all of us.

I also remember that we bought a new car... we have been talking about it for a while. I really wanted/needed something that I felt more comfortable driving over the mtns in, especially after this crazy winter and spring! Plus we needed more room for all the "adopted" children I cart around (aka Madison's friends), and it will be nice to carpool with some other families... Our friends Vycci and Danny got a Sequoia last year and we love it and all the room it provides. It isn't black but I really can't imagine a huge black beast and how hot and dirty it would be all the time. And the best part is that I get FREE CAR WASHES FOR LIFE with it!!!

I also remember some INSANE migraines. I got one last Wednesday and was pretty puny for the next day or so, then got hit with another one that next Sunday! Sunday's was a killer and had me crippled for 6 days, I finally feel better today. Needless to say I have started seeing my acupuncture lady again, and plan on never stopping that again, cuz I can NOT deal with that again especially during the school year!

Well that has been my life for the past few weeks, at least what I remember of it!

Learned: I need to find a balance between running and resting, can't drain my body like that anymore...

OH!!! and Maddox learned to swim... all by him self, I mean I didn't teach him (because he wouldn't let me) and he didn't take lessons (because his teacher SUCKED last year). He just jumped in and swam to me like it was no big deal! So impressed!

1 comment:

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Danny just said to me, "Once the 4th of July is here...the summer is over." I would agree, but I am not sure that June didn't go by just as fast. The summer just goes by fast! We are looking forward to coming over Labor Day Weekend. I don't know if we can come sooner or not. I'll keep you posted.