Monday, March 29, 2010

The Last Song


This book was suggested by a student/friend of the family... she LOVED it. When I started reading it I was really frustrated and it put me in a bad mood. The main character, a 17 year old girl, has a MAJOR attitude problem and it was painful to read... to be honest it made me down right cranky. Finally I asked the suggester if she ever got a better attitude, and shortly after that there was an attitude change and the rest of the book was very enjoyable.

Following a young woman during her coming of age summer, through the rehabilitation of the relationship with her father, and the feelings of first love. Rich with lessons of life: forgiveness, integrity, honesty, and embracing second chances makes this book an excellent read.

Learned: Life is too short and full of many unexpected turns, so don't ever take for granted what you have... make the most of each day with the ones you love.

No comments: