Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Current Addictions

I haven't been able to run since Moab, I went once last week and immediately had knee pain. I knew I loved to run but now that I can't I long for it even more. Every sunny afternoon, every runner I pass in my car, every time I hear a song that I love to run to, or doing laundry and folding my running clothes, I realize that I am in withdrawal. So to fill the void I have a few new addictions to confess: addictions...

First I am loving Weeds a Showtime series about a suburban mom/widow, who also deals pot... I am finding it completely hilarious and captivating though it can be raunchy and ridiculous.

While waiting for the next instalment of Weeds you can find me curled up with my second addiction.... I finally found another book that I could get into and love. I am currently reading The Time Travelers Wife. I wanted to read this when I saw the movie was coming out, but never got around to it.

I am hoping that by the time I have exhausted Weeds and my book I will be able to run again.

Learned: My acupuncturist said that there is happiness outside of running, though I am finding enjoyment from my current time fillers, I still long to run.

1 comment:

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

It was nice to hear from you on the Bronco post from Danny. I am sorry that you are dealing with so much pain right now. I know you'll be able to work through it. I have been thinking that it's time for us to have a chat. It's been a little too long. But in the mean time know I am thinking of you often. Especially, with the upcoming "New Moon" movie coming out. Do you have plans to go in Jct.?