Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There's More to Running Than I Thought

I have to say I really like my massage therapist, each time I have gone I have felt like I was truly cared for. For example she didn't just work on my legs, but offered multiple exercises, stretches, natural pain relieving gels, and a book about proper running to prevent injury. I felt like it was really important to her that I be able to run my big race. She even called the next day to see how I was knowing that the work she did would leave me a bit tender.

All of this to say that I went and got the book she suggested: Chi Running. As I skimmed through the Table of Contents I was amazed at all there is to know about running. Here I thought all you did was go out there and just well, run. But there is so much more to it!

The whole "go out there and wing it philosophy" has worked for me for several years, but when I decided to up my mileage I started noticing problems. So tonight I will indulge my running graving and read a chapter then apply it to my run tomorrow.

Learned? My eyes have been opened to a whole new wide world of running!

No comments: