I will Turn 30!
30 Thoughts at 30:
1. That sounds really old
2. I don't feel REALLY old, still feel 24
3. Most of my friends are 30 or older, so they don't have much sympathy for me.
4. I am way healthier/more active at 30 than I was at 24.
5. I just found out there is a 1/2 marathon in the town we are going to for my b-day ON my b-day... Wish I would have known sooner...
6. I have accomplished a lot more than I ever imagined I would by 30.
7. Would like to run 2 - 1/2 marathons in my 30th year.
8. If I am 30 that means Madison is will turn 11, only 5 years till driving!
9. I wish I would have known 1/2 of what I know now, back then.
10. I am the same age as my mom! (My mom will forever be 30 in my mind)
11. Need to SERIOUSLY plan for retirement, given all I want to do.
12. Conflicted between having a HUGE shindig to celebrate, or making the passage quietly.
13. I still want the same things as before, but I think I know HOW to get them now.
14. I know 30 is just a # but it's hard when all the famous athletes, actors,and musicians have a smaller # than me now.
15. I am still younger than most of the parents of my students.
16. Much more appreciative for family now.
17. I have ALMOST lived longer on my own than with my parents.
18. 1/3 of my life has been shared with an amazing man.
19. Feeling that there are just some things I mustn't do now.
20. I know who I am, rather than trying to find myself. (might I say this again at 40?)
21. I wont shop at Hollister: the music's too loud, the scent is overwhelming, and it's too dark to see what I am buying.
22. I will go to the pool and actually swim, but only if it's hot enough.
23. Wish there were a way to impart wisdom that only comes from experience to inexperienced youth.
24. Family time is way more important and valuable to me than social time.
25. I refuse to become unfashionable, but finding the balance between teen and old lady is tricky.
26. I have made some amazing friendships, some that have lasted 20 years (Jolene) and others that are just new (Anne), but all are so valuable to me.
27. I wish I would have had this competitive drive when I was in school.
28. Still learning, still wanting to learn, still imparting learning.
29. I know it will just be another day; I will not actually feel, look, speak, act,or think with any greater insight just because my numbers are 3 and 0.
30. Success and happiness are no longer what I desire most for myself, but what I desire above all else for my children.