Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cookie Crazy

As previously noted, I volunteered to bake cookies, a lot of cookies, for the math department's "Food For Thought" night.

So this afternoon, after trying to sleep off the tail end (I hope) of my continuing headache, I tackled the looming task of baking for 300 people. It was much easier than I thought, and took MUCH longer than I thought! I started about 3:00, it is now 8:00, and I just pulled the last batch out of the oven.

Total Count: 9 dozen chocolate chip, 6 dozen sugar, 3 dozen M&M



The hardest part was keeping the kids from snitching. There were many offers to taste test each batch. They were begging for me to mess up cookies, I am sure there were secret plots of sabotage.



Thanks to Summer and Jolene, I didn't have to bake ALL the desserts, they offered to pitch in! THANKS!!!

Learned? I think it will be a long time before cookies sound good again. Hmmm, maybe I should power bake more often, then I will eat less of the goods!

No comments: