Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time Flys (Again)

Once again I have let more than a month pass since posting. So I am sure that there must be a really good excuse....

This is what I have been up to for the last month:

Getting myself and two kids up, dressed, fed, lunches packed, and out the door before 6:30, teaching all day, running to and from practices and games 3 days a week, and trying to find time for my own runs.

I also had my first parent teacher conferences at Middle School. They went amazingly well, I didn't have one parent upset with me!!! And an large portion voiced their praises of how their students are doing in Math!

I have been taking an online book study about geometric thinking. This is another portion of the two week summer classes I took. There is one more book study and two more weekends that we meet. When that is all over, I will have an additional 12 credits which = one more horizontal move on the pay scale! The best part is I didn't have to pay for any of the credits!!!

I have once again found myself entranced with some books. I just finished a really amazing Christian work of fiction, that revolutionized my relationship with my "Papa". The book is called The Shack, and is about how a man overcomes a major tragedy in his life through a weekend spent with the Trinity. I suggest that everyone read this book, it is written in a very non "religous" way, and I came away thinking this is how God would really talk to me. I am going to read it again and journal about it here, because there are some really deep things I want to ponder more.




The book I am currently reading is about an Atlantean god who was raised (and abused) as a human. So much tragedy has happened to him in his first 21 years of life, and at times I think "How much more can one person endure". I am to the part where he has come of age and his god powers have been restored to him, I am anxious to see what happens next. Though it is a very captivating book, there is some content that makes me hesitant about recommending it, so I am not posting the title.


Learned? I seem to forget the world (at least the cyber one) when I get into a book. But I really need to put more effort into recording important things when they happen, because as I am nearing 30, my memory seems to be fading....

No comments: